The majority of people will think of dark, musty and badly air-conditioned rooms when they hear the word museum. This may indeed be true for some, but the British Museum has more to offer than just dusty relics from centuries past. Admission is free here, as it is for most London museums, so it's worth a visit for everyone.
The British Museum London: At a glance:
- The British Museum
- Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG
- Admission free (donation of £5 is appreciated!)
- Opening hours: Mon. – Like this. 10:00 to 17:30
Fridays 10:00 to 20:30
- Get there by tube to Holborn or Tottenham Court Road
- Camera allowed / tripod must be announced in advance
The British Museum in the heart of London
Located in London's Bloomsbury district, home to the British Library among others, the British Museum is an ideal place to experience culture or even brave the typical English weather. The British Museum attracts over 6 million visitors a year and scores not only for its wonderful architecture, but also for its exhibits.